We work closely with all government and non-government agencies that provide informational support to citizens of Tajikistan who want to go abroad, who face troubles in another country or who want to return. We refer you to the right government agency or NGO’s which can help you in their area of expertise before, during and after your migration journey. The following list of institutes and services might be of interest to you:
- Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan in Russia:
The consulate of the Embassy of the Republic of Tajikistan in the Russian Federation serves citizens of Tajikistan, provides support to solve their problems within the framework of the law and draws up documents (visas, passports, notary documents, certificates, etc.). Consulates General of Tajikistan operates in other regions of the Russian Federation. To find out more about the Embassy of Tajikistan in Russia and contacts of the Consulates General of Tajikistan, please go here
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan:
You can find the contacts of diplomatic and consular missions of Tajikistan abroad here
You can find a list of countries where Tajik citizens can travel without a visa here
- Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan:
Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment is responsible for the provision of a safe, regular and orderly migration to the citizens of Tajikistan, before, during and after their migration. Based on the mentioned objective, MoLMEP:
- provides methodical support of the development and implementation of targeted programmes to promote employment of job seekers and the unemployed, including through the development of entrepreneurship and self-employment.
- takes the necessary measures to prevent and reduce informal employment, together with the relevant government authorities.
- controls and coordinates the vocational guidance and professional consultation of youth and the unemployed according to the needs of the internal and external market.
- submits proposals for the establishment of quotas for the employment of citizens in need of social protection and non-competitive in the labour market.
More information on the work of the Ministry can be accessed here
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Tajikistan:
Ministry of Education and Science in Tajikistan assists in the nostrification of received documents on education abroad, as well as annually provides children of compatriots abroad and labour migrants with quotas for admission to universities in Tajikistan.
- Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Republic of Tajikistan:
Ministry of Health and Social Protection surveys the presence of dangerous infectious diseases and then warns potential migrants on them, before and after their migration. The specialized centres of the ministry conduct information and explanatory sessions among the population of the country, including migrants, on ways of taking precautionary measures to avoid getting infected with infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and other severe infectious diseases.
Instructions on what to do and where to go when you have COVID-19 symptoms can be accessed here and here
- Migration Service of Republic of Tajikistan under the Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of Population:
The Migration Service of the Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan is the authorized and coordinating body for internal (voluntary) migration, organizes and monitors the implementation of work in this process through its subordinate structures in GBAO, regions, cities and districts.
All important information related to migration issues can be found at the office of Migration Service. As the first step, the deported labour migrants and members of their families are recommended to contact the Migration Service of the Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan for information on the reasons for and duration of the ban. Afterwards, they should contact the Employment Centre of the Population in their area of residence and register themselves as unemployed to be able to receive employment opportunities. Please note that the Migration Service in Tajikistan has several branches across all areas of the country. The main office of Migration Service is located at 121 Ayni street in Dushanbe. To find out more about Migration Service please go here
- Representation of the Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of Population in Russian Federation on migration:
In Emergency cases and other issues related to your status as a migrant in Russian Federation, you can always approach the representative office, which is located in Moscow, Street 2nd Tverskaya-Yamskaya, 40/3 building 1, office 207 (Metro Station – Mayakovskaya).
Further information on the contact details can be found below:
- Tel: Moscow - +7 (910) 443-6335, +7 (977) 488-8964, +7 (967) 271-0202, +7(495)967-98-44, +7(926)255-09-27, +7(968) 733 00 00, +7 (926) 462-6201, +7 (903) 597-1213, +7 (926) 876-9049.
- Saint Petersburg - +7 (964) 373-7501
- Yekaterinburg - +7 (982) 739-8998
- Novosibirsk - +7 (965) 358-6161
- Ufa - +7 (915) 488-3223
- Krasnodar - +7 (929) 540-8888
- Khabarovsk - +7 (909) 809-5548
- Astrakhan - +7 (977) 272-0001
For more information on the representative office, please go here
- State Agency for Employment Abroad under the Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of the Republic of Tajikistan:
The state agency provides qualified consulting and mediation services for the employment of Tajik citizens who have decided to find a job outside of their home country. The agency is also engaged in the organized recruitment of Tajik citizens to work in the enterprises active in Russian Federation, and other countries. Organizational recruitment centres are opened in four cities of the Republic of Tajikistan - in Dushanbe, Khujand, Khorog and Bokhtar. Information on legal employment can be accessed here
- State Agency of Labour, Employment of Population, Ministry of Labour, Migration and Employment of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan:
The Labour and Employment Agency, within its functional duties, deals with labor protection issues, registration of sectoral and collective agreements and labor agreements at enterprises, institutions and organizations in cities, as well as at the regional and district levels. In addition, the Agency is authorized to solve the issues of professional orientation and employment of the population by assisting citizens in employment, vocational training and advanced training, providing financial support to the unemployed population, attracting them to paid social work, assigning and paying unemployment benefits. You can find about job vacancies in Tajikistan here
- Passport and Registration Service (Ministry of Internal Affairs):
The task of the Passport and Registration Service of MIF of the Republic of Tajikistan includes all issues related to the issuance of an internal passport for citizens of Tajikistan (IC-identification card), ordinary passports for international travel, registration and extension of the validity of passports of foreign citizens and stateless persons and other services. More information can be accessed here
- Public organization "Centre for Human Rights" in the Republic of Tajikistan:
The Centre for Human Rights (CHR) is a republican, public association. The CHR operates throughout Tajikistan. Its office is located in Dushanbe. CHR is one of the leading non-governmental organizations in Tajikistan working with labour migrants in close cooperation with State authorities and NGO partners. One of its main areas of activity is in the field of labour migration, where the CHR has more than 20 years of experience in managing migration issues. To find out more about CHR please go here
It is the first remote employment centre in Dushanbe. The centre offers vocational training and cooperation with employers in the digital sector for adolescents and young people with limited access to sustainable employment. The centre provides young people with various services, including digital skills training, advice and support for searching and finding jobs on various freelance and online platforms in the field of digital technology, as well as linking with potential employers. In addition, the centre provides the opportunity for graduates to use the centre as a workplace for 3 months with the provision of free access to a computer and Internet for work. It should be noted that the centre is fully equipped with computers and Internet and it has 30 seats and a conference room. More information can be accessed here and here
Provides you with a free consultation, helps you with a scholarship, and directs you towards the right path based on your capabilities and needs to study abroad. Courses, grants, scholarships, degrees, majors and many more can be found here
In the framework of the project on migration, Mercy Corps Tajikistan has developed a mobile application to ease migrant's access to available services and information. You can download the app here
Developed a handbook on Safe Labour Migration in the Russian Federation, which can be accessed here.